I hate dirty dishes. Tetris-like pile-ups in the sink give me major anxiety—I can’t get my dishes into the dishwasher fast enough. When I didn’t have a dishwasher, I was in the habit of washing whatever I’d used the second I was done with it. What can I say? I may be easy-going, but I’m as Type-A as they come in some respects. This is a big part of why I’m a fan of simple recipes that don’t use a lot of pans and dishes. I’ll make an exception for a special occasion, but most of the time, no thank you.
Pancakes are one of those breakfast foods that can make any day feel like a holiday or weekend. Unless you use a boxed mix or pre-mix your own dry ingredients, though, it’s just too much of a mess to want to deal with most of the time. Or maybe that’s just me? That’s why these two-ingredient sweet potato pancakes are a total life-saver.
Calling this a recipe almost feels like a cop-out. I am far from the first person to ever make this, but it’s just too good—and too easy—not to share.
This quick and easy breakfast takes just 2 ingredients and is ready in as little as 15 minutes.
- 1 small to medium sweet potato (or 1/2 a large)
- 1 whole egg or 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- Prick sweet potato a few times with a fork and microwave until soft.
- Scoop insides out of potato and mash with egg or egg white to make a batter.
- Heat an oiled (or oil-spritzed) skillet over medium heat and pour batter in, forming into a pancake shape.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Slide onto a plate and top with peanut butter and jelly—or whatever you want!
Are you cool with dirty dishes or do they stress you out?
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.