Happy Friday, everyone! We made it to the end of another week. This time of year can be super-hectic with work and social obligations as we rush to fit everything in before the end of the month. If you’re in need of a quick and easy weeknight dinner for a rare night in, here’s one of my go-to favorites. I’ve shared this before, but it’s become such a reliable staple in a time of year when life is anything but predictable, I thought it was worth revisiting.
Greens & Beans with Egg and Miso-Tahini Sauce
This recipe serves 4, but you can scale up or down to suit your needs.
- 8 cups arugula or other greens
- 1 15-oz can beans, rinsed well (~2 cups cooked beans)*
- 1 cup roasted zucchini
- 1 cup roasted cauliflower
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon mild yellow or white miso paste
- Water to thin dressing, if needed
- 4 eggs, fried or poached
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds or mix of nuts/seeds (optional)
- Combine greens, beans, and veggies in a large salad bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, make the dressing by whisking together lemon juice, miso paste, tahini, and water (if needed).
- Toss the salad in dressing and allow to sit a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs.
- Divide salad between 4 bowls and top each with an egg and a sprinkle of seed mix.
*My favorite beans to use for this are butter beans/gigante beans and chickpeas, but experiment with whatever you have on hand—it’s hard to go wrong!
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.