Happy Sunday, guys! Did you know that today is World Vegan Day? Instead of the usual Sunday roundup of small, good things, I wanted to show my vegan friends out there some extra love by reposting one of my favorite dessert recipes. You don’t have to be vegan to enjoy this rich chocolate mousse, but it happens to be free of any milk, cream, butter, or eggs. Enjoy!
Dark Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 2 large ripe avocados, flesh scooped out
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp brewed coffee or espresso
- 1/2 tbsp sweetener of choice, such as maple syrup, honey, etc
- 1 bar high-quality dark chocolate melted
- Fresh berries for garnish
- Whipped cream (optional)
1. Process avocado, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, coffee, and sweetener in a food processor.
2. Add melted chocolate and process until the mixture resembles mousse.
3. Garnish with fresh berries and whipped cream, if you wish.
What’s your favorite dessert?
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.