These are great for when you need to get rid of stuff—I had an overripe banana and some pumpkin puree that were on their last legs, but consider this a base to which you can add practically anything (chopped nuts, dried fruit, fresh fruit, etc)! These are moist and the tiniest bit sweet, which makes them perfect for any time of day.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 2 tbsb molasses
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup skim, soy, or almond milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (you could also use unsweetened apple sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a dash each cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves
- 1 large mashed banana
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In another bowl mix together milk, molasses, pumpkin, and vanilla.
- Add the mashed banana and combine.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture until just combined.
- Line 6 muffin cups with paper bake cups and divide batter among them.
- Bake at 400o for 20-25 minutes.
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.