One thing I love about being part of the Recipe ReDux is how it pushes me to try new things. This month’s theme of small-bite desserts was fun to brainstorm. I’m not a big dessert person, and I’ve blogged extensively on here about my ineptitude and chem lab PTSD with baked goods, so the challenge is good!
These mini chocolate cheesecakes feature a no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookie crust and a chocolate peanut butter drizzle. You don’t even have to turn on your oven. Enjoy them frozen or allow them to thaw a little—delicious either way. The small serving size is the perfect little taste of something sweet.
Mini No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Bites
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup nut butter of your choice
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sweetener of choice
- Additional chocolate and peanut butter chips for drizzle
- To make crust, melt chocolate by microwaving in a small glass bowl and stirring every 30 seconds (should take 1-2 minutes total). Mix oats and nut butter in with melted chocolate to form a batter. Spoon into 6 cupcake liners and flatten. Place filled cupcake liners in the fridge to harden.
- Meanwhile, make the cheesecake by blending together cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, coconut flour, cocoa powder, vanilla, and sweetener in a food processor.
- Divide cheesecake mixture between crusts. Place back in the fridge or freezer to firm up.
- To make drizzle, melt chocolate and peanut butter chips in separate small dishes. Drizzle over mini cheesecakes.
- Place back in the fridge or freezer until ready to serve.
Makes 6 mini cheesecakes
What’s your favorite summer appetizer or dessert?
The Recipe ReDux is a monthly recipe challenge founded by registered dietitians that aims to inspire the food lover in every healthy eater and inspire the healthy eater in every food lover.
This has been another installment of the Running with Spoons Thinking Out Loud link party, where randomness is the name of the game. Thanks to Amanda for hosting.
**This post may contain affiliate links.
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.