It’s that time of year again…
Like a bazillion other food and wellness bloggers out there, I’m reveling in my don’t-care-if-it’s-basic love of pumpkin and all things Pumpkin Spice. As a dietitian, I’m a big fan of pumpkin’s nutrient profile—packed with antioxidants vitamin A and vitamin C plus potassium, it makes both a great immune-boosting food and a great fit to aid post-workout muscle recovery. Pumpkin is also a good source of filling fiber.
Today I’m sharing an old favorite recipe. This Pumpkin Pie Spice Green Smoothie is perfect for kicking your day into high gear and chasing away the fall sniffles. It’s also delicious. Enjoy!
- 1 cup water or (unsweetened) milk of choice
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- ½ a medium frozen banana
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice
- 1 large handful baby spinach or 2/3 cups frozen chopped spinach
- Layer ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Enjoy straight up or to make into a smoothie bowl, pour into a bowl or glass.
- If desired, top with chia seeds, coconut flakes, or nuts.
Nutrition information (for 1 smoothie made with whey protein and 1 tablespoon of chia seeds on top) via USDA Supertracker:
309 Calories, 7 grams fat (2 grams saturated), 27 grams protein, 40 grams total carbohydrate, 13 grams fiber , 14 grams total sugar (0 grams added sugar), 23% potassium daily needs, 61% daily magnesium needs, 167% daily vitamin A needs, 68% daily vitamin C needs.
What’s your favorite pumpkin treat?
***This post may contain affiliate links.
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.