I know it’s not technically fall yet, but when I got home from my trip the other night, all I could think about was making soup. Maybe it’s premature, but I am all into the fall flavors already, and when I saw this pumpkin ravioli in the freezer, I knew what had to happen.
So here, I made you some pumpkin ravioli soup for Meatless Monday. It’s great with grated or shaved parmesan on top, but I also had leftovers with a poached egg for lunch the next day after I made it. My motto in life these days apparently is #putaneggonit
It was the bomb, as the kids say. They still say that, right? If not, I am old. Someone fetch grandma her slippers and a little whiskey for this here teacup.
Anyway. Happy Monday!
- Olive oil
- Small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 oz shredded Brussels sprouts
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 cup red lentils, dry
- 1 package pumpkin ravioli
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Grated or shaved Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large stock pot. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add Brussels sprouts. Cook until soft. Add broth and red lentils bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Bring soup back to a boil and add ravioli. Cook according to directions or package.
- To serve, top with grated Parmesan. You could also top with a poached egg.Serves 6
What’s your favorite soup? Are you getting into Fall flavors yet or not quite ready?
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.