So, a few weeks ago, I made the mistake of buying fat-free ricotta cheese that was not my beloved Calabro. I should have known better. It was gelatinous, gritty, and weird—all things you do not want in a ricotta. However, because I hate to waste food, I decided to get creative and whip this up. It tastes just like cheesecake and makes a great garnish for fresh summer berries.
You can also enjoy it in place of yogurt or cottage cheese. Because it doesn’t contain refined sugars, you don’t have to stress about eating glorified dessert for breakfast.
- 1 cup plain 0% or 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fat-free or part-skim ricotta
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon stevia or other preferred sweetener
- Process ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- To serve, enjoy with your favorite fruit, spread on toast, or used as a dip for crackers and other deliciousness.
PS—You still have a couple days to enter my prAna giveaway! I’ll announce a winner on Thursday.
What’s your favorite dessert?
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.