During the COVID-19 pandemic, I have really missed doing live speaking engagements and corporate wellness presentations. One of the most popular food demo presentations I do is these superfood truffles. I love this recipe because it’s easy to make ahead of time when needed and you can scale it up to meet your needs. It makes the perfect simple snack or dessert.
- 1/3 cup maca powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa or raw cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pea protein milk (or other milk)
- 1 cup natural, sunflower seed butter (or your favorite nut or seed butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons local or raw honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut , cacao nibs, matcha green tea powder, or chia seeds—or a combination (optional)
- Combine maca, cacao, sea salt, cinnamon, milk, sunflower seed butter, vanilla, and honey in a food processor and blend until smooth. Remove by tablespoon-fulls and roll into balls.
- Spread coconut, cacao nibs, matcha, and/or chia,seeds on a flat surface and roll balls the balls through until evenly coated. Store the truffles in an airtight container in the fridge. These are best served cold.
Makes 16 truffles
Disclaimer: This post may contain a few Amazon affiliate links.
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.