I had a dream a few weeks ago that I went to a July Fourth potluck brunch at a childhood friend’s home. Almost everybody had brought something with blueberries in it: Fresh berries, blueberry sauce, blueberry juice, blueberry filling…the only thing without blueberries were plain hard-boiled eggs!
On that note, I thought that for this Fourth of July, I’d give you a recipe without a lick of red or blue in it. This Chex mix features tropical flavors that will be a hit on any holiday snack table. You can pack up any leftovers come Monday in your bag for work or as a snack for the kids. Enjoy!
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 cup Dried Mango, cut intro strips or chunks
- 1/2 cup Banana Chips
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flakes
- Pour coconut oil over Chex. Mix well and set aside in a large bowl.
- Add mango, banana chips, coconut flakes, and nuts (if using) to Chex.
- Pour Chex with mix-ins into a large Ziploc bag and shake well to mix.
- Allow to cool on wax paper.
(Makes 16 ½ -cup servings)
Variations: For extra protein, add 1 cup macadamia nuts.
What are your favorite summer desserts?
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.