Happy Friday! Hope you’re looking forward to a great weekend. With the first day of fall coming up, a lot of us are thinking about a new season of food. Or maybe we have get-healthy goals for the coming season. Healthy meals start with healthy ingredients.
Here’s a shopping list of basics to get you started!
Fruits & Vegetables
- Lemons-1 bag
- Greens-kale, spinach, arugula, etc
- Seasonal veggies such as Brussels sprouts, squash, etc.
- Seasonal fruit such as plums, apples, fresh figs, cranberries, etc
- Canned tomatoes
- Egg whites-1 carton
- Eggs-1 dozen
- Chickpeas (canned or dried)
- Split peas
- Nuts (almonds, walnuts, pistachios, etc) and/or seeds (sunflower, pumpkin)
- Peanut butter or other nut butter
- Tempeh or extra-firm tofu
- Organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- Fish-fresh or frozen
- Plain yogurt, plain, non-fat or low-fat
- Pecorino or parmesan cheese
- Goat cheese
- Non-fat ricotta
- Milk of choice
- Old-Fashioned/Rolled Oats
- Whole wheat or sprouted-grain bread
- Whole wheat or brown rice pasta
- Whole grain cereal
Fats & Oils
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- White vinegar
- White miso paste
- Green tea
- Chia Seeds
- Ground Flax
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Honey and/or maple syrup
- Dark chocolate
- Spices: salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, turmeric, cumin, paprika, basil, rosemary, oregano, etc
What are some of your kitchen staples?
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.