Happy Friday! Hope you’re looking forward to a great weekend. Any cooking projects on the agenda? I’m working at the hospital, so am planning a lot more (defrosted) soup-and-salad-type meals. That said, I’ve been craving pasta lately. It’s definitely one of those cool-weather comfort foods. Did you know it’s National Pasta Month?
I know pasta gets a bad reputation because we tend to think of more indulgent incarnations, but when you choose a whole grain variety and pair it with lots of veggies and some protein, it can be part of a healthy, balanced diet.
Here are a few of my favorite pasta-centric meals:
- Spaghetti with Shredded Brussels Sprouts, Bacon, and Egg
- Whole Wheat Pasta with Sardines, Kale, and Lemon
- Sausage and Kale Soup with orecchiette
- Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese
- Langostino Mac & Cheese
- Turkey Meatballs—great with your favorite pasta
- Duck Meatballs
- Mom’s Marinara
What’s your favorite pasta?
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.