- ~2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can white beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I used one with no salt added)
- 1 zucchini, sliced into half-moons
- 1 cup corn kernels (I used Trader Joe’s frozen roasted corn)
- a few big handful chopped collard greens (I used frozen but fresh would work too)
- 4 cups water or broth of choice
- dried oregano
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 2-3 drops liquid smoke (optional but good)
- ½ tbsp. xanthan gum (totally optional but a good thickener if you want it)
- Heat oil in a large pot on medium. Add garlic and cook a few minutes, until fragrant.
- Add beans, tomatoes, corn, greens, and water or broth.
- Add spices and liquid smoke. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil. Lower heat and allow to simmer about 30 minutes.
- Stir in xanthan gum, cook on low for another 5 minutes or until soup has thickened up. You can totally skip this step, but it makes for a heartier texture.
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.